TOP PEAK BEAM RACK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Too fat for lycra

Does anybody use the Top-peak beam rack system. I'm interested in it because it seems to be the only quick release rack system available.

But I get the feeling by looking at pictures of it that it's just going to bounce up & down with any major lumps and bumps.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
Hi TFFL,
Mrs Speck has a Dx on her Crossroads and I have the DXP (with packable panniers) on my Sirrus.

Got them last year when we went to watch Le Tour in Britanny, we found them to be very versatile as you get a shoulder strap etc with them.

More for day touring than really serious stuff.

Alves

Another 2nd for the Carradice above.
It does need quite a lot of seat post exposed and a fairly compact frame to get clearance from the mudguard or rear wheel, details on the Carradice website.
It is easily detachable and good for credit card touring.
I have used it to camp with, with the outer of the tent only and a Karrimat strapped to the outside.
Mine has a web thingy to attach a rear light to.

LondonCommuter

I use a toppeak beam rack with the Trek bag that clicks in and its good. The cantilever stuff does mean stuff bounces around but its never fallen off. however don't put a light into the strap on the bag. I tried at first and they kept falling off over bumps

Top Bottom