Topeak Beam Rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
I used the RX version. Very similar and very good.

The bag is small, but ample for carying a shirt and a few bits when commuting. The pockets un zip and a small pannier unfolds.

Attachments

• IMG_20220204_203634.jpg
    IMG_20220204_203634.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20220204_203531.jpg
    IMG_20220204_203531.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 15

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I used to use one to carry a few things back and forth from work occasionally a good while back. My work situation changed and I havent had to use it in 4years and probably not going to use it again.

if i remember it correctly its the 'V-Type' that i have I also have an MTX Trunk bag DX or EX (i'll have to go and find out which one i have!) that you slide on and a rain cover that i purchased separately to go along with it.

Pretty good stuff and *VERY* heavy duty (it weighs a tonne)

If youre interested let me know and we'll see if we can work something out.

Last edited:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Used one for commuting on my mtn bike for years. Occasionally swung round a bit, but otherwise great.

I believe a common hack to prevent that was wrapping some old inner tubing around the seatpost before clamping the rack down over it.

You might not be able to completely stop it swinging but you'll be able to reduce it by a fair margin.

GF has one. She is very pleased with it. Light, good capacity and streamlined. Takes enough kit for a month, and space to spare to buy shoes in Italy.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I believe a common hack to prevent that was wrapping some old inner tubing around the seatpost before clamping the rack down over it.

You might not be able to completely stop it swinging but you'll be able to reduce it by a fair margin.
Mine manages to fit through the seatstays and clamps to the frame, can't swing about much.

Spacer

Regular
I have one: the rack is solid- the pannier bag is ok design except the quality of the zippers. you have to really be careful not to challenge them at all. not sure what model panniers it is, but possibly zipper quality the same on all? Definitely not YKK quality.

Top Bottom