Topeak mini-pump - what am I missing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Got my latest visit from You Know Who today, and was unable to do a fix despite having all the gubbins, because I just could not get my Topeak mini-pump to engage with the valves.

It at least feels like something might be missing. The relevant end looks like this:

1645718033095.png

When I was trying to get it on the (presta) valve, it simply wouldn't go on far enough to enable the locking mechanism to engage with the threads on the valve...that star-shaped, slightly brownish nub visible at the bottom of the hole just butted heads with the little turny-bit at the top of the valve, and that was that. No lock-on, no pumping.

Is this how the pump is supposed to look? Or am I missing something? Or what? I'm completely baffled by this. I have used the pump successfully on many occasions, but not for a long time now, come to think of it, and I can't actually recall how it's 'supposed to look'.

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Nibor

Bewildered
That is set up for schraeder vaves remove the collar take out the rubber grommit thing and the plastic insert flip the plastic insert and put back in flip the rubber gromit thing and put back in replace the screwed collar and Robert ids youir fathers brother. if you struggle getting the rubber out remove the collat and flip the lever this should push it out.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
My daughter's bike has Schraeder and my bikes have Presta, so I'm forever flipping the head around.
If you rarely have to flip it you can easily forget. Funny how it ended up the wrong way around for your valve though, maybe there's a pump fairy doing the rounds!

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Yay my first useful post lol! only been here 7 years.
No sense in rushing things. Take a deep breath. Take some time out. See you in 2029, maybe. :hello:

Top Bottom