Torches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I want a new torch to keep in my car, after forgetting to check the Mag-Lite that was in the boot:blush::blush:
The batteries have corroded & got stuck in the body

I was considering another Mag-Lite, but LED this time
However, having seen these in use, I'm thinking about one (my Octavia already has a 'DIN' socket in the load-space)

https://nightsearcher.co.uk/en/category/Searchlights/product/trio-550-b7.html

Any comments on them?
They're listed at less than £37 (inc VAT) at the local 'Tool-Station branch

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
All is not lost. What maglite is it?
I managed to get the batteries out of my D cell maglite and then upgraded it to a monster Cree led conversion. It was amazing, but the got stolen shortly afterwards.
That emergency lamp you mention looks like a big chunk of kit to keep in the boot 'just in case'.
I also have a AA Maglite that is now converted to led and is perfect for keeping in the car and gives an impressive beam for it's size and compared to the original bulb.

@I like Skol

The batteries have 'swollen' & won't come out, despite some efforts
The one I feature just seemed very good for beam/lumens v price

Just a pity that Hope don't make a torch:laugh:

All is not lost. What maglite is it?

That emergency lamp you mention looks like a big chunk of kit to keep in the boot 'just in case'.
3D (normal bulb)

There's a lidded cubby-hole to either side between the wheelarch & tail-lights, it'd live in there (DIN socket is in off-side c-h)

I'd just get a cree torch that will fit in the glove box. And can be put on your handlebars with a rubber mount. It will blow your old maglite away

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
@I like Skol

The batteries have 'swollen' & won't come out, despite some efforts
The one I feature just seemed very good for beam/lumens v price

Just a pity that Hope don't make a torch:laugh:

3D (normal bulb)

There's a lidded cubby-hole to either side between the wheelarch & tail-lights, it'd live in there (DIN socket is in off-side c-h)
Can't quite remember how but the working end comes out so you can push the cells right through.

DRM

Guru
You should be able to unscrew both the lens end and the bottom part, the batteries may then be pushed out, perhaps leave it overnight with penetrating oil in the battery tube.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I prefer to keep a head torch in the car , useful when you need hands free. Petzl are nice , lots of good cheaper makes available.

I found another one this morning - no batteries in this one:okay:
The one that's got the stuck batteries is black

One of the luggage area lights in my Citroen is removable so doubles as a torch and is always charged.

Quite good thinking I thought.

It does in my cars 'big-brother' (the Superb), as well as an umbrella in the door (or did)

Top Bottom