Torque wrench set

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by tigger, 18 Aug 2012.

1. tigger

tigger Über Member

Can anyone recommend a good, low cost torque wrench set? Cheers

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Man or Moose!

Ice Toolz make one. Will need to buy the socket set separately though.

3. New Horizon

New Horizon Über Member

Very pleased with my "Norbar TruTorque™ TT20 ¼" with certificate of calibration. Proudly made in England." Bought via Amazon for £78. Cheap tools have their place, but for something as important as the correct torque, I don't want to trust a dodgy setting on my handlebars ... A cheaper one is available from Giant for about £55 (and is rebranded elsewhere as well), albeit without any certification - Bike Radar review http://tinyurl.com/9r3j6ds

4. compo

compo Veteran

I have a big cheapie I use on my car and bigger stuff. I have compared the settings with other people's wrenches and it is near enough for the uses I put it to.
    For my bike I have a shorter Britool that goes up to 40 ft pounds. I have a friend who has his own engineering works and he calibrated it for me so I am confident to use it on the bike.

5. THIS

Had mine for a while now and it does what it says on the box, sorted :thumbsup:

Peteaud likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    tigger

tigger Über Member

Looks spot on that thanks smokes moo. Think I'll put that on my xmas list

7. MacB

MacB Lover of things that come in 3's

I bought the Park Tools Beam ones and find they are well suited to my level of mechanical ability.

8. Peteaud

Peteaud Veteran

+1

smokeysmoo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice