Toseek

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveM77

Seen lots of carbon parts from this brand. I know they’re a Chinese import but wondered if anyone has any experience in using them. Do they last? Worth the money? Etc

vickster

Legendary Member
Never heard of them.

I wouldn't personally buy anything carbon from an unknown company with an unknown testing and QC process, especially anything safety critical like stems, seatposts, bars

There's no great benefit to carbon over aluminium anyhow for such bits

DSK

Mixed reviews out there. There are some good videos out there on Youtube doing long term reviews and test on such parts which are worth trawling through as the quality on such parts by cheaper brands does vary.

I bought a Giant TCR with NESS or KNESS carbon one piece bars. I bought a set of alloy aero bars to swap them straight over but, I was sceptical but so far, they have been working well enough to not warrant me swapping them.

What I do do notice between them and a set of Easton Carbon bars I fitted to my Giant Propel is that the Easton's don't seem to flex, they are pretty damn stiff. The Kness, or what ever bars, whilst not bad, do have a bit of flex in them under such load. Neither have snapped....:okay:

Also IIRC the internal cable routing is not as well thought out and/or finished smooth on cheap bars like it is on more expensive ones.

Will let you know how saddle and seat post turn out. I might get stem and handlebar too. Or handlebar only so in case it snaps i can use the stem. Lol.

So i got the saddle. Weighs about 70grammes or something. Very lightweight. Looks just like the £300 bontrager one. Not confortable for me so i got another one which weighs 210g -Bontragee paradigm rl. Carbon and titanium rails with padding. Very comfortable.

The seat post although light weight i feel there is too much weight on the clamp. Got some titanium bolts on the way for it.

My bike weighs 8kg now. Happy.

Top Bottom