Total Chaos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

radger

Veteran
On the way to work yesterday, I witnessed an idiot in a Merc rear-end a 7.5 tonne truck at the southbound lights on London Bridge - the front of the car had collapsed into a V where he'd hit what I assume was the tow-bar.
Then on the way home, City Police were demonstrating a total inability to direct traffic - one of them was trying to wave traffic coming off London Bridge through about 50 pedestrians who were crossing on a green man. Then, at the same lights as the morning crash, a National Express Coach smashed his nearside mirror on the back of one of those caged rubbish vans whilst trying to fit through a non-existent gap. The cage of said van had several orange flashing lights on it.

This morning I went the other way, and was rewarded by courteous white van drivers letting me out into the right hand lane, holding back at pinch-points etc ;) and a very good run of green lights.

Keith Oates

Janner
Some days it's good and some days its' bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Road Fiddler

I got a surprise yesterday riding home in the torrential rain, i was cycling down a road towards a mini roundabout that has 5 roads leading off of it, the road i was on has a bus lane and the normal lane on my side with a large island protecting the other lane. I took primary position in the normal lane and some bloke shot up on my left in the bus lane, i thought oh hear we go but as he drew along side me he wound down his window and asked which way i was going, puzzled i said "straight on and then right into Darby road"; his reply was "dont worry mate you stay where you are and i will drive along side you through the round about and then drop behind you and cover your back whilst you make the turn into Darby road". I was speechless and could only say "Ok Thanks" I have been riding for many years and had thought i had seen most things but i have never experienced anything like that.

Road Fiddler

I could only put it down to the fact he was a cyclist and the rain was torrential with very poor visibility so he thought he was helping which i suppose he was, i must admit that roundabout can be fun at times.

yenrod

Road Fiddler said:
I got a surprise yesterday riding home in the torrential rain, i was cycling down a road towards a mini roundabout that has 5 roads leading off of it, the road i was on has a bus lane and the normal lane on my side with a large island protecting the other lane. I took primary position in the normal lane and some bloke shot up on my left in the bus lane, i thought oh hear we go but as he drew along side me he wound down his window and asked which way i was going, puzzled i said "straight on and then right into Darby road"; his reply was "dont worry mate you stay where you are and i will drive along side you through the round about and then drop behind you and cover your back whilst you make the turn into Darby road". I was speechless and could only say "Ok Thanks" I have been riding for many years and had thought i had seen most things but i have never experienced anything like that.

WOW

I was once gave the right of way when the car had the right' on a r.about once on the straight - I seen he had a cyclists sticker in his back window ;)

A couple of weeks ago I got cut up by a car with a Give Cyclists Room sticker in the rear window!

As I came alongside at the inevitable traffic jam, through the open window I could hear a furious husband and wife tiff erupting, with the woman refusing point blank to give any ground to her partners "He was in the way, and the lights were going to change" I didn't feel the need to say anything, as she seemed to have the telling off under way more control than I could!

Someone won't be getting any action for a while :blush:

Tynan

Veteran
"He was in the way, and the lights were going to change"

excellent

I think special treatment is usually more trouble than it's worth

Everyone behaving is far more preferable

Top Bottom