Totally failed...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

caimg

Über Member
...at walking into Decathlon and looking at but NOT buying a Triban 3. Now journeying back on the Overground, my wallet says :sad: but my face says :biggrin:

I only bought my Subway Carrera in Feb and this is my first ever road bike, so feck off rain so I can go and weave all over the place and have fun doing it!

musa

Über Member
Quality..let me know how it goes ermm what about SWMBO?

what store you get it from? they never have nowt in stock

OP
OP
caimg

caimg

Über Member
Quality..let me know how it goes ermm what about SWMBO?

what store you get it from? they never have nowt in stock

Funnily enough, she was at a cake / baking event nearby and offered to meet me. I said yes in the hope that she'd convince me it was a bad idea when my willpower inevitably disappears.

However, instead she helped me with the fit, told me that if I have enough money I should buy it and even reneged on making me sell the Subway even though we live in a small ground floor flat. That's love right there :smile:

From the Surrey Quays branch mate - loads of them, from 51 size up to 60 off. I got a 54 and it seems to fit perfectly, and I'm only 5ft 8...

musa

Über Member
Funnily enough, she was at a cake / baking event nearby and offered to meet me. I said yes in the hope that she'd convince me it was a bad idea when my willpower inevitably disappears.

However, instead she helped me with the fit, told me that if I have enough money I should buy it and even reneged on making me sell the Subway even though we live in a small ground floor flat. That's love right there :smile:

From the Surrey Quays branch mate - loads of them, from 51 size up to 60 off. I got a 54 and it seems to fit perfectly, and I'm only 5ft 8...

thats the type of love we like....recently mine did the same...i was shocked..theres always one shortfall and that is sell the other bike well no harm in a n+1 is there

yeah il check them out soon enough

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Strangely I was going for the Triban 3, had to wait a fortnight for one to come into stock. A fortnight later I went in on spec, just to check what the situation was. They'd had a delivery, but no 3s. None showing in the bulk warehouse. So it'd be another fortnight for them to even show there :sad:
They'd got a 5 in stock, in my size.....
Phoned our lass and was pleasantly surprised (shocked?)
Got it there and then^_^

OP
OP
caimg

caimg

Über Member
Isn't that the best love a man can get?
however SWMBO thinks I'm going through a phase

In fairness SWMBO also thinks I'm going through a phase but has known me long enough to let me exhaust and enjoy it whilst I'm obsessed with whatever it is.

Secondly, I'm absolutely dead from going up Haverstock Hill in N London without knowing how to downshift...better now :biggrin:

musa

Über Member
In fairness SWMBO also thinks I'm going through a phase but has known me long enough to let me exhaust and enjoy it whilst I'm obsessed with whatever it is.

Secondly, I'm absolutely dead from going up Haverstock Hill in N London without knowing how to downshift...better now :biggrin:

quality ^_^

Haverstock hill never tackled it should attempt....best doing a hill on a fixed/ss thats how Ive had to learn now im on gears....hated it first ride (the pedals were crap till i put my spd sl on)

OP
OP
caimg

caimg

Über Member
quality ^_^

Haverstock hill never tackled it should attempt....best doing a hill on a fixed/ss thats how Ive had to learn now im on gears....hated it first ride (the pedals were crap till i put my spd sl on)

Don't say that - I'm trying to let my wallet recover for a couple of months before letting the voices in my head saying 'BUY CYCLING SHOES AND CLEATS' in! ;)

musa

Über Member
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY :boxing:

best investment I made look for a deal and do a price match at evans i got mine intotal for 80 quid or something spdsl and r077 shoes

Top Bottom