Touche Spotting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I really fancy a Touche if the bike to work comes in where I work......

Means I can retire the commuting MTB to MTB/kid duties - fit the fat tyres..whoo....., as at the moment it's worse than the road bikes for riding with kids (won't go on the car rack with guards) and I got loads of funny looks at Fairholmes on the Roadie with the kids........

I did spot a Pearson Touche last night - the so called 'graphite' one - looked metallic black in the skin - very nice.....

Now someone tell me, is it metallic black, or an urban dark grey ????

If grey, I don't want - the web pics aren't too good, as in life this was a black frame, and black carbon forks.....

The fella wasn't too happy with an MTB sat next to him matching speed and chatting..... I did mention 2 road bikes... he was a bit taken back when I said "Nice bikes those Touches"......... as I kept up with him...me asking questions......etc.....:wacko:

I really like the blue one, looking at Halo wheel upgrade.... but white would match the graphics, tarty, BUT this thing would have guards fitted, in black...so looks like either a blue or 'graphite' frame with Halo wheels in black and black guards....

Can just about justify it to the missus........ about £35 a month if the scheme comes in.............

Views folks - only ever ridden a fixie on the track, but fancy one for work - have a few hills, but nothing I can't tackle on one gear.....

I've seen a couple - their riders have said good things about them. Go for it.

Tharg2007

Veteran
i think you should get an old ladies shopper and get some thin slicks on it, THEN ride side by side with people asking them about their nice bike before speeding off :ohmy:

pjm

fossyant said:
I do like them - Wanted one for months now..... anyone seen the graphite - black or grey ?

I'm pretty sure it was grey, I have a 'Hanzo' which is their steel-framed version, and that is definitely all black and looks great. I found it a much nicer ride than the aluminium one, and its £100 less as well.

pjm

pjm said:
I'm pretty sure it was grey, I have a 'Hanzo' which is their steel-framed version, and that is definitely all black and looks great. I found it a much nicer ride than the aluminium one, and its £100 less as well.

Pic attached

Hugo15

Über Member
PJM - I fancy a Hanzo on the C2W scheme. One small issue is that I won't be able to get to Pearsons to get a proper fitting. Can you let me know how tall you are and what size Hanzo you went for. Is the bike a good fit for you?

Madcyclist

I opted for the blue Touche but can confirm the other option is grey with the steel Hanzo in black. I'm 5ft 7in and ride the 52cm frame. The Touche is no lightweight when fitted with rack and guards.

Excellent bike comfortable on long rides but nice and stiff where it matters rapid acceleration and excellent uphills.

pjm

Hugo15 said:
PJM - I fancy a Hanzo on the C2W scheme. One small issue is that I won't be able to get to Pearsons to get a proper fitting. Can you let me know how tall you are and what size Hanzo you went for. Is the bike a good fit for you?
It's the large / 21". I'm 5'11" but i'm a weird shape with long legs, a short body and baboon-length arms, so I normally need to move the bars around to get a good fit but I found it easy to get it just right for me. In case you have any experience of either of these, the riding position feels about the same as my 55cm Bianchi and less stretched out and aggressive than the same size Specialized Allez.

pjm

Madcyclist said:
I opted for the blue Touche but can confirm the other option is grey with the steel Hanzo in black. I'm 5ft 7in and ride the 52cm frame. The Touche is no lightweight when fitted with rack and guards.

Excellent bike comfortable on long rides but nice and stiff where it matters rapid acceleration and excellent uphills.

And yes, having had a decent test-ride on both, I'd second this, the Touche was stiffer and felt quicker than the Hanzo. I'd say the ride was a bit more brittle than other aluminium bikes with carbon forks that I've ridden, but it wasn't brutal. If it had been my only bike, I'd have probably chosen the Touche, but I've got stiff and fast bikes already and the steel bike had a wonderful ride in comparison.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This Touche was metallic black - so might have been an older or resprayed model - deffo a Touche because of the large down tube..... looks like the blue for me !

I'm not going to be able to get a fitting, so it might be out with tape measures on my bikes and pick a smaller Touche frame (because of the headset stack height on the Touche) and then specify stem length. Pearson do have measurements of the frame on site.

Hugo15

Über Member
pjm said:
It's the large / 21". I'm 5'11" but i'm a weird shape with long legs, a short body and baboon-length arms, so I normally need to move the bars around to get a good fit but I found it easy to get it just right for me. In case you have any experience of either of these, the riding position feels about the same as my 55cm Bianchi and less stretched out and aggressive than the same size Specialized Allez.

Thanks. I am 5'11'' too and ride a 56cm Airbourne so a large sounds like it would be the right size.

alicat

Legendary Member
I love my touche - it's my favourite bike. The bike is a very dark metallic grey and the colour goes very well with the carbon forks supplied. Just wish the engine was of equivalent quality!

ShannonBall

Über Member
Madcyclist said:
The Touche is no lightweight when fitted with rack and guards.

Disgree. When I last spoke to Pearsons (and I have no reason to doubt them) about the Touche they said it weighed about 18lbs with pedals and mudguards. That is pretty darn light, Madcyclist.

Top Bottom