Touche Spotting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShannonBall

Über Member
Don't know, Grumpy. You'll have to call/email Pearsons for details. Just pointing out the the Touche is at the lighter end of things.

I know my hanzo weighs in at about 21 lbs with full mudguards fitted and miche/open pro wheels. That's not bad for a bike with a steel fork.

It's a medium (19"). I'm just under 5'10.

I haven't ridden the Touché. I chose the Hanzo because I've always preferred steel bikes. It's adequately stiff - I don't notice any frame flex when accelerating hard away from the lights.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ed - did you spec those wheels, are are they standard ? Still waiting for our cycle to work scheme, but shortlist a Touche or Dolan FXE - looking at Mich X-Press wheels - seem loads better than the HALO's - read some reviews that say the sprocket threads are rubbish.

Great rims those Open Pro's

fossyant said:
Ed - did you spec those wheels, are are they standard ? Still waiting for our cycle to work scheme, but shortlist a Touche or Dolan FXE - looking at Mich X-Press wheels - seem loads better than the HALO's - read some reviews that say the sprocket threads are rubbish.

Great rims those Open Pro's

No, though if you asked Pearson's they might price you up a set?

I took a chance and ordered them online - always a risk with handbuilt wheels - but they look like a good build and thus far they've stayed good and true on Manchester's potholed roads.

And then after I sold the original set on ebay, they didn't set me back too much at all.

Top Bottom