Tough 20" tires?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cullin

Über Member
Hi Ian,
Sorry I went away in the caravan and did not return to the thread, Instead I went out on the Trike to play and see how the new tyres felt.
Very nice, they seem to come as standard with a bit more tread than the Marathon racers, nice to have a bit more grip, I had the feeling that I had a better rolling speed, maybe the extra weight of them and the rotation force.. or what ever the boffins would say.
I think Jane has plans on me cutting back the over grown hedge this next weekend, Suppose I will have to do it.
Jane's neck problem has it's moments, she has threatened to go on a short ride with me, the Lincoln canal route from Bardney, I think that's how it's spelt, half way between Lincoln and Boston... will have to wait and see how she feels on the day.
On the CTC forum Sqeaker has explained why I got the tyres on so easily, he says Ice supply smaller wheels, so that's answered why I had not trouble.
Don't know if detergent is no good, but thought that the car tyre people use it, and it did make them pop into place.
Anyway Ian, it would have been nice to get on that ride with you all, if it's not one thing it's another that gets in my way.
See you soon,
Bill.

markg0vbr

Über Member
Hi Ian,
Sorry I went away in the caravan and did not return to the thread, Instead I went out on the Trike to play and see how the new tyres felt.
Very nice, they seem to come as standard with a bit more tread than the Marathon racers, nice to have a bit more grip, I had the feeling that I had a better rolling speed, maybe the extra weight of them and the rotation force.. or what ever the boffins would say.
I think Jane has plans on me cutting back the over grown hedge this next weekend, Suppose I will have to do it.
Jane's neck problem has it's moments, she has threatened to go on a short ride with me, the Lincoln canal route from Bardney, I think that's how it's spelt, half way between Lincoln and Boston... will have to wait and see how she feels on the day.
On the CTC forum Sqeaker has explained why I got the tyres on so easily, he says Ice supply smaller wheels, so that's answered why I had not trouble.
Don't know if detergent is no good, but thought that the car tyre people use it, and it did make them pop into place.
Anyway Ian, it would have been nice to get on that ride with you all, if it's not one thing it's another that gets in my way.
See you soon,
Bill.

the problem with detergent is, it has salt in it you can get the same effect out of direct sun light, by wiping the rim with a damp cloth. i find the durano go on the ice with just presing them with my thumbs but need to use mettle tyre levers and a bit of colourful exclamations on the hand trike!

starhawk

I have the fat 20" Schwalbe Plus on the back and the narrower on the front, the back was a real pain to get on (my cycle-repair-man was real agitated) next time I think I will put on a greentyre tyre but for now they work fine, even in a slight terrain

I started my tour with Marathon Racers all round on my Trice Q.
But I can/did wear the back one out in just over 1,000 miles, due to the back wheel slipping up steep wet hills.
I now have a just plain Marathon on the back.
It has a much deeper tread on the tyre, so more rubber to wear off before hitting the canvas.
But it's still half worn out in around 2,000 miles.

Luck ............. :biggrin:

Top Bottom