Tough to find fork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaydfos

I bought a new bike, had it shipped to my house, and 10 minutes after getting on the bike for the first time got into an accident and cracked my fork, and now I can't find a replacement. Any thoughts on where I can go to get a replacement? The manufacturer is backed up and estimates 6 months to a year. Below are the specs.

700C CARBON CROSS/GRAVEL FORK,
STRAIGHT STEERER: ALLOY( 1-1/8"),
CROWN: 45mm,
BLADE: CARBON STRAIGHT W/FLAT DISC MOUNT W/EYELET,
OFFSET:45mm ( UD WEAVE )
Fits Most 700x40c Tires (29x1.5inch),
QUICK RELEASE AXLE

vickster

Legendary Member
What bike is it?

Last edited:

battered

Guru
Yes, I have a suitable one in classifieds!
actually probably too narrow and no disc, but they are out there.

OP
OP
J

jaydfos

It is a Motobecane Omni Strada Sport gravel bike.
They go exclusively through bikes direct who say that it will be 6-12 months before anything becomes available.

That's impressive cracking a fork in ten minutes. Not managed that in years. Is it definitely cracked ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Did the accident involve a car and was it their fault? If so, claim against them and get the correct fork...or frankly a new frameset or bike!

OP
OP
J

jaydfos

That's impressive cracking a fork in ten minutes. Not managed that in years. Is it definitely cracked ?
tell me about it lol. At least I made it with just some bumps and bruises and minor concussion. Yea it is definitely cracked.

Attachments

• 2564B274-D2D3-4EF7-AF68-AFFA89A1FF7E.jpeg
    2564B274-D2D3-4EF7-AF68-AFFA89A1FF7E.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
J

jaydfos

Did the accident involve a car and was it their fault? If so, claim against them and get the correct fork...or frankly a new frameset or bike!
It was a bit of mutual fault. We both own some. It was an suv. Had a quick choose between hitting and getting hit.

vickster

Legendary Member
OK. Are you in the US? If so, you might need to track down something locally. Can a bike shop advise on a fork if you can't get from distributor/manufacturer?

Top Bottom