Toulouse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dougster

My summer tour of southern France ends in Toulouse. I've got a city map which shows quite a few cycle tracks along the canal. Is it as bike friendly as it is made out to be?

Tony

Toulouse is not too bad. The Canal Lateral meets the Midi at a big pool, and the towpaths go right through the middle of the town. The local roads are often very busy. The towpath surface is quite often gravel, and i have sometimes found mooring ropes stretched across the path.
I haven't ridden there in seven years, so can only give a view of what it was like back then. The canal goes right past the town station (Matauban, IIRC) and that bit, and around Rue Riquet, is a red light area.

ccj

Dougster said:
My summer tour of southern France ends in Toulouse. I've got a city map which shows quite a few cycle tracks along the canal. Is it as bike friendly as it is made out to be?

My wife's brother lives there now so hopefully we'll be going at least once a year. We rode part of the canal path 2 years ago, & it was better than the Grand Union which we ride when the Amazon jungle parts are cleared :-)

It's also not bad around the City, & much better than by car.

Top Bottom