Tour de Dandenongs in Melbourne, Australia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Hi all, just thought I'd post about my ride yesterday*. It was ANZAC Day so day off for us Aussies. I rode up the Dandenong Ranges east of Melbourne, and in Autumn it's looking pretty spectacular ;). Here's a link showing my trip report on the Bicycle Victoria forums: http://www.bv.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15592&start=600#p448618

This morning, instead of the nice, relaxing 27km commute to work (relaxing compared to yesterday's hill-climbing, anyway), I found after 23km that my backpack with the necessary change of work clothes + fresh towel was still at home, so I had to turn around and go back for it! :evil:. Now my legs hurt. A lot. My commute ended up being 74km.

Cheers,

-- Victor.

* OK, Auntie Helen shamed me into it. :troll:

Hello Victor!

Great pics! Brought back some memories for me as I was in the Dandenongs on two occasions in Dec. and Jan. recently (unfortunately in a car) and it really is a beautiful area. It's a haven for cyclists and I saw plenty of them struggling up the hills.

I stayed with a mate in Eltham and there's a lot of good cycling round there (the Main yarra Trail, for example). Cadel Evans lives there, I believe!

Welcome to the forum, BTW! ;)

Top Bottom