Tour de France 1953 (Film)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

normgow

Guru
Super !! thanks for posting this film

Aravis

Putrid Donut
You have to absolutely love YouTube! Thanks for posting this. Um, haven't watched it yet, but it's going to be great.

There are loads of other great cycling films out there - Stars and Water Carriers (1973 Giro) is one. I see there's a film of the 1974 Giro also, which I hadn't noticed before. Something else to settle down for. Anything which has José Manuel Fuente featuring large is essential watching.

Drago

Legendary Member
A full bottle would often make the steering or handling feel "funny". I think that's why they fell out of favour.

Can't see it myself, so close to the steering axis and all. I recently started running one of my bikes that way and the effect on the steering is the square route of nothing at all, but the effect on ease of beverage consumption is positive.

OP
OP
GuyBoden

GuyBoden

Guru
You have to absolutely love YouTube! Thanks for posting this. Um, haven't watched it yet, but it's going to be great.

There are loads of other great cycling films out there - Stars and Water Carriers (1973 Giro) is one. I see there's a film of the 1974 Giro also, which I hadn't noticed before. Something else to settle down for. Anything which has José Manuel Fuente featuring large is essential watching.

Yes, Eddie Merckx in Stars and Water Carriers is a classic cycling film. Merckx is such a strong rider and he had such a good team. He was the best.

Last edited:

Absolutely - what a discovery - brilliant stuff , and great quality ! - this has really made my day !!!!

Absolutely ! - this is brilliant stuff - and the image quality is far better than I was expecting

Last edited:

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
The bikes looks surprisingly modern. Why oh why do we not put bottle cages on handlebars any more?
Or mike stands?

250px-John_Entwistle-1.jpg

Top Bottom