tour de france jerseys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadiewill

other than ebay, where can you buy authentic tour de france jerseys online? In particular, the king of the mountains jersey ... just cant find them anywhere! ;)

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
I would counsel extreme caution with regard to a KOM jersey.

They're a bit like pinning a target to your chest on the opening day of the deer shooting season in Texas. Every bugger from miles around will take a pop at you.

Unless of course you really are King of the Mountains and can guarantee no one will ever pass you on a hill.

But if you're in any doubt, it's probably best not to wear one - cyclists can be so bitchy.

eciclo

yorkshiregoth said:
I saw them in TKMaxx last week for £25

All4cycling
tour_gialla.jpg

zimzum42

Legendary Member
And don't wear the green jersey unless you can really nang it out on the flat, it'll be embarassing being passed by some old lady on her shopper.....

and don't wear a yellow jersey, everyone will just hate you......

perhaps you could buy the white jersey, unless you're really old.......

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
The ebay ones all seemed to go for more than I could buy one in Cycle Surgery. Especially the yellow ones. I did think of buying a few from CS and putting them on ebay. :smile:

Will1985

Über Member
How about the official website? letour.fr - you could last year. Otherwise, many tourist shops along Rue de Rivoli in Paris sells the genuine Nike version.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i've got a green jersey, which i reserve for very hilly rides. i like the irony (and the fact that the maillot vert is seen in similarly torrid circumstances in the tdf).

walker

GB Cycles used to sell them.

But as others have said, unless you are good at hills I would avoid it as you would get every other rider trying to do you on the hills. and Don't shave your head to look like rasmussen either

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

Woah.... ok...

How about team jerseys, are they acceptable? Surely it'd be just like wearing a man u shirt when having a kick around... no one really expects you to be as good as ronaldo. :smile:

I like the look of the slipstream team jersey, just something a bit different.

walker

team Jerseys are fine.

In all honesty wear what you like, be it the KoM jersey or the Green Jersey. Just expect to be chased up hills or to sign posts etc.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Team jerseys are less problematic. In fact team jerseys worn with black shorts won't illicit any comments apart perhaps from those old blokes from Dulltown Wheelers.

But team jerseys, team shorts, team helmet, gloves, shoes, sunglasses and a team replica bike always makes me feel a little uneasy.

However the only real downside, is after making what could be quite a considerable investment in all this stuff, only to find the team you've chosen to idolise is later revealed to be this year's bunch of cheating scum bags. Following the resulting storm of the bad publicity, you're left as 'billy no mates' wearing the pariah's uniform.

yello

I bought a Brioches La Boulangère team shirt when they became Bouyges Telecom because I liked the shirt... and it had an ironic meaning for me!

Top Bottom