Tour De Manc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

straas

Matt
Anyone signed up?

I didn't check the route beforehand, so am desperately trying to fit some hills in between now and 6th May!

Looks like it'll be a challenge....

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Anyone signed up?

I didn't check the route beforehand, so am desperately trying to fit some hills in between now and 6th May!

Looks like it'll be a challenge....
Link please?

classic33

Leg End Member
After a quick “light” refreshment stop, you head through Tameside and climb over towards Saddleworth, passing through Uppermill before a long steady climb to the second feed station. Here you can enjoy Colin’s hospitality and his amazing scones whilst taking in another great view.

Someone on here moved into catering?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
The other week, I'd done less climbing this year than is on the route!
I know all the climbs as far as Milnrow pretty well and there is nothing there I would class as big. OK, the climb up Werneth Low is Steep but otherwise the route as far as Milnrow is nothing out of the ordinary.

OP
OP
straas

straas

Matt
I know all the climbs as far as Milnrow pretty well and there is nothing there I would class as big. OK, the climb up Werneth Low is Steep but otherwise the route as far as Milnrow is nothing out of the ordinary.

"you will make your way over to Newhey, Milnrow and through Rochdale before a third stop with hot food and a chance to prepare yourself for the harder half of the ride." :training:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
prepare yourself for the harder half of the ride.
I don't think this is true really? The profile shows not a lot more hills after Rochdale than before to my eye.....

upload_2018-4-18_15-22-15.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
After a quick “light” refreshment stop, you head through Tameside and climb over towards Saddleworth, passing through Uppermill before a long steady climb to the second feed station. Here you can enjoy Colin’s hospitality and his amazing scones whilst taking in another great view.

Someone on here moved into catering?
I read it and thought "Damn, I know my memory is getting bad but I don't remember volunteering to do that!" :wacko: :laugh:

My late mum used to bake fantastic scones (and cakes!) but I never learned how to make them.

si_c

Guru
Looks interesting, might be worth a run through on another day, but I doubt I'd be able to do this on May 6th, too much on around then.

Top Bottom