Tour de Mon, Anglesey.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Location
North Wales
The cut off date for entering is tomorrow and after checking the weather forecast, I am in two minds about it. It says 25 mph winds but dry. I think that is too windy for my liking. Would you do it ?
 

Bobario

Senior Member
I wouldn't do the Mawr, too windy for my liking too. Gusts of up to 40 mph. Maybe go for the Canol or Bach? But it's pointless asking on here as only you know whether you want to do it or not!

It's not the winds that would put me off but the headwinds, as it has been donkeys moons since I rode a 100 and I would be in bits by the end.
 
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Location
North Wales
I have no regrets about backing down from doing it. The forecast is 40mph winds between 8am and 1pm, which is exactly the time we would be on the road. A friend of mine has entered it and I wonder if he will go ahead with it? Can the organizers cancel it due to adverse weather conditions?
A trip to Costco is planned instead now for tomorrow, at my wife's request, which also mean a carvery meal on the way back.
 
Top Bottom