Tour de Mon, Anglesey.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Any CC members doing it on August 22nd ?
I intend to do it provided the weather is right which, according to the 14 days forecast, it should be.
I am doing the Bach tour , 46 miles, as the next one is 75 miles , too far for me. There is a 101 miles one too for the very fit.
My start time is 9 am so I will have to leave home at 7 am to give time to pick up my registration and bag of goodies before hand.
I will also ride my Cube as there are some nasty hills on the course.
See you there.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Well, it looks like I will be the only one then :sad: apart from the other 1000 participants of course. ^_^ The weather forecast doesn't look great with sunny spells and showers but it might change by then, hopefully for the better.
I have booked my place this morning so there is no going back now.

Senior67

Hi just wondered how it went, I have been thinking of trying to do it in the past but a mixture of trying to get there with bike by train from Staffordshire and accommodation problems meant I haven't as yet achieved it. I think the Bach route also would be the one for me.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Hi just wondered how it went, I have been thinking of trying to do it in the past but a mixture of trying to get there with bike by train from Staffordshire and accommodation problems meant I haven't as yet achieved it. I think the Bach route also would be the one for me.
Sorry for the late reply.
It went very well due to a very good organisation and good weather. Attendance was again very high and pleased to say I even bettered my overall time for the 46 miles. This was my 3rd tour de Mon and planning to do it again next August if possible.
My overall time was 3 hours 29 minutes and my flying mile was 2 minutes 17 seconds.
The camaraderie on the course was great and would recommend it if you can do it next August.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Very strange place Anglesea. Holyhead is to e only place I've ever seen a chipshop closed for lunch. And I don't mean they only opened in the evening; they literally stopped at lunchtime

Top Bottom