Tour de Mon.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Any CC members doing the above on Anglesey, starting in Holyhead , in August? I am doing the 40 mile course. There is a 75 miles and 100 miles also if you feel strong.

Senior67

I am hoping to do it, having problems with getting there on train and accommodation at the moment, coming from Staffordshire, if I get sorted I will be registering.
Was on Anglesey in September on part of route, the 40 mile route looks good, hope I can get sorted, going to Anglesey again in April.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

I am hoping to do it, having problems with getting there on train and accommodation at the moment, coming from Staffordshire, if I get sorted I will be registering.
Was on Anglesey in September on part of route, the 40 mile route looks good, hope I can get sorted, going to Anglesey again in April.
Hope to see you there.:okay:

Senior67

Thanks for replying, have you done it before ? I am staying at South Stack in April near the start, the person who owns the cottage we are staying in is doing it so hoping she can advise me re staying somewhere.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Thanks for replying, have you done it before ? I am staying at South Stack in April near the start, the person who owns the cottage we are staying in is doing it so hoping she can advise me re staying somewhere.
Yes, did it in 2015. Couldn't do it in 2016 as I was away but determined to do it this year. Great ride including a timed 1 mile. Loads of cyclists of all ages, shape and form too. Worth doing .

Senior67

Yes, did it in 2015. Couldn't do it in 2016 as I was away but determined to do it this year. Great ride including a timed 1 mile. Loads of cyclists of all ages, shape and form too. Worth doing .
Just had a look at the website, looks to be well organised by a company that does lots of other events, how many did it in 2015 ?.Must get myself organised and get there if I can as it looks like a great ride with the advantage of testing yourself on the flying mile.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

It is well organised and there were probably 1000 cyclists. We were released in waves every 2 minutes or so. I am looking forward to August and hope the weather will be good.

Rallybiker

Rule #85
Just had a look at the website, looks to be well organised by a company that does lots of other events, how many did it in 2015 ?.Must get myself organised and get there if I can as it looks like a great ride with the advantage of testing yourself on the flying mile.

Bring enough nutrition for the ride, as the feeds are usually crap if past events are anything to go by.

Senior67

Bring enough nutrition for the ride, as the feeds are usually crap if past events are anything to go by.
Thanks for the information on the feed stations, just wondered as someone who lives on Anglesey whether you could recommend somewhere to stay near Holyhead for the Tour de Mon, coming in April for a week and was going to look then, but just thought I would ask. Are you doing it this year ?.

Rallybiker

Rule #85
Thanks for the information on the feed stations, just wondered as someone who lives on Anglesey whether you could recommend somewhere to stay near Holyhead for the Tour de Mon, coming in April for a week and was going to look then, but just thought I would ask. Are you doing it this year ?.
No, I'll be going to Hay on Wye to do the Powys Devil instead. I ride these roads every week so can't see the point in throwing the best part of £50 away for an entry! What sort of accommodation are you after (B&B or hotel)?

Senior67

No, I'll be going to Hay on Wye to do the Powys Devil instead. I ride these roads every week so can't see the point in throwing the best part of £50 away for an entry! What sort of accommodation are you after (B&B or hotel)?
Was hoping to come with wife and dog for a few days to do the ride and a few days holiday as well, so not that bothered as long as they take dogs and reasonably near the start.

Top Bottom