Tour de Pologne 27 July-3 August 2013 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
If he wasn't already, Phinney is now definitely among my top few favourite young riders. I love his attitude. That was pure racing from the heart. And fantastic to see him get a well-deserved reward for his efforts after his brave but futile heroics in the Tirreno-Adriatico earlier in the year.

That was his first non-TT win as a pro, by the way. Won't be his last, I'm sure.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I watched it live as Carlton Kirby said at 7km out that he might stay away.. My hoots of derision must have been heard in Katowice:blush:

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Caught the last few km of today's stage and was surprised to see Henao contesting the sprint finish. Was he after bonus seconds or something?

Thor won it fairly comfortably in the end though, so that's three in a row for BMC. Good effort.

I see Izagirre is now leader overall, so presumably he picked up some bonuses somewhere along the way.

Edit: this clears it up: http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-de-pologne-2013/stage-5/results

Tomorrow it's the stage they're calling Mr Nasty...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Caught the last few km of today's stage and was surprised to see Henao contesting the sprint finish. Was he after bonus seconds or something?

Thor won it fairly comfortably in the end though, so that's three in a row for BMC. Good effort.

I see Izagirre is now leader overall, so presumably he picked up some bonuses somewhere along the way.

Edit: this clears it up: http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-de-pologne-2013/stage-5/results

Tomorrow it's the stage they're calling Mr Nasty...

Attractivity prize? Hmmm! Not sure about this one.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Ooh, this is fun!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Just thinking back, was that kefuffle yesterday just Columbia pre-booking a place for Atapuma in today's break?

Good racing. Riblon's still in exceptionally good form.

The Izagirres: the Schlecks it's ok to like.

are they brothers? hard to tell with Basques as some surnames are very common. i seem to recall the Etxeabarrias, who were totally unrelated - one was from Venezuala, i think. Etxea means house or home in Basque and is very common in names.

i like the idea of the Attractivity prize. is that for the shiniest bike or best hairstyle (pre and post helmet)?

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Just thinking back, was that kefuffle yesterday just Columbia pre-booking a place for Atapuma in today's break?

I missed that but it seems his attempt to get in the break yesterday wasn't popular as he was deemed to be too high in GC.

I think the Colombians have just come to this race with a very attacking mindset. Atapuma has been after a stage win since day one.

Quite a lot of DNFs today. That was pretty brutal.

Good racing. Riblon's still in exceptionally good form.

Yes. Does he have enough of a lead to defend it in the time trial though? I reckon Majka might nick it.

Top Bottom