Tour de Suisse 11-19 June [spoilers]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Probably won't be able to match the spectacle of the Dauphiné, which has been fantastic, but could be an interesting race to watch in its own right.

GC could be quite an open contest though Thomas and Van Garderen look like the main contenders. Izagirre looks like another possibility and has had some good results this year. Spilak's form is a mystery though. Costa, Talansky and Gesink will probably be top 10. Will be interesting to see how Barguil rides, coming back from injury. Anyone fancy Siutsou or Lopez as outside bets?

Matthews vs Sagan vs Gaviria should be an interesting tussle too.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Is Marmy doing a pro tour pundit one for this ?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Sagan wins his second stage in as many days, but this time by infiltrating a breakaway, rather than a straight sprint. He's an excellent all-round rider. It will be interesting to see him against a recently revived EBH and others in the TdF.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Crikey! That finish was a bit hairy. Chapeau to Danny Van Poppel for staying upright. And chapeau to Gaviria for letting his leadout man cross the line first - I didn't see the previous two stages but it looks like Richeze has been the stronger rider and deserves the win anyway.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Starts to get interesting tomorrow - Furkapass (2436m) and Gotthardpass (2102m) then a proper vicious uphill finish. Suspect we won't be seeing Sagan near the front end of the race.

Starts to get interesting tomorrow - Furkapass (2436m) and Gotthardpass (2102m) then a proper vicious uphill finish. Suspect we won't be seeing Sagan near the front end of the race.
Shame they are not taking to the cobbles for the descent, that would sort the men from the boys :hyper:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Yeah, the Gotthard is a bit hard and the Furkapass is a bit of a furka...:rolleyes:

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
. And chapeau to Gaviria for letting his leadout man cross the line first - I didn't see the previous two stages but it looks like Richeze has been the stronger rider and deserves the win anyway.
I think that Sagan was focused on Gaviria and that Richeze 'mugged' him. Great ploy.:bravo:

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Actually, the remnants of the break - Atapuma, Wellens, Berhane, Anacona - are not only holding their lead, they're increasing it. Crikey!

Although Kiryienka has just come to the front to do his turn...

Top Bottom