Tour de Suisse - SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I thought I'd give it its own thread as it's another warm up for the Tour.
The GC fight is a bit light though so could be an open race.
Martinez, Thomas and Yates from Ineos.
Other candidates are Pinot, Vlasov, Remco, Fuglsang, Lutsenko, Izagirre, Uran, Kuss, Pozzovivo?
All decent but flawed.
Could make it a good race and it'll be interesting to see how Sagan goes after his lay off.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Ooh, Stephen Williams wins S1 . He was ill on his Bahrain Vic first year so he's done well to come back.
https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-de-suisse/2022/stage-1

Adam4868

Guru
Victory for Peter Sagan on stage 3 ! :ohmy:

Adam4868

Guru
Vlasov wins stage 5 🤩 ahead of Powless and Fuglsang and takes also the Yellow Jersey!
Remco blew up with 20k to go :rolleyes:
GC....
Screenshot_20220616-183830.png

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Vlasov wins stage 5 🤩 ahead of Powless and Fuglsang and takes also the Yellow Jersey!
Remco blew up with 20k to go :rolleyes:
GC....
View attachment 649253

Your mate Vlasov is still looking strong!

I always hope Geraint is holding something back but he's an old diesel these days I think. ...Reliable and goes well for a long time but incapable of the sort of acceleration needed at the top end.
Not sure what the state of Martinez is though in terms of Tour ambitions.

Adam4868

Guru
Your mate Vlasov is still looking strong!

I always hope Geraint is holding something back but he's an old diesel these days I think. ...Reliable and goes well for a long time but incapable of the sort of acceleration needed at the top end.
Not sure what the state of Martinez is though in terms of Tour ambitions.
Missed a lot of this race with work....What happened to Martinez,bad day ? Adam Yates out with Covid which means his Tour is looking doubtful,will certainly knock his training back.Fingers crossed it's a isolated case within the team.Same with Jumbo.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Missed a lot of this race with work....What happened to Martinez,bad day ? Adam Yates out with Covid which means his Tour is looking doubtful,will certainly knock his training back.Fingers crossed it's a isolated case within the team.Same with Jumbo.

Dunno about Martinez...he was there or thereabouts but off the pace again.

It will be a real shame if the Tour is farked up by covid but that almost seems likely now with Yates and JV and whoever else gets it in their teams.

Adam4868

Guru
Dunno about Martinez...he was there or thereabouts but off the pace again.

It will be a real shame if the Tour is farked up by covid but that almost seems likely now with Yates and JV and whoever else gets it in their teams.
Yea it's hard to know how it's going to play out yet I guess.Im sort of hoping Ineos take Hayter,he's looked pretty strong, good TTer and climbing well ? Hand on heart can't see G having a chance of even a podium,although I feel a little guilt saying that :rolleyes:

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well, this is shite.

Almost nobody left at the race after multiple withdrawals.

May as well cancel the race as a precaution

Top Bottom