Tour d'France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I am not sure this is the correct forum, but anyway
I believe that the 2013 TdF will be the 100th. How soon before the event are they likely to announce the route as I quite fancy a week in Pau and the Atlantic coast to coincide.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Come on, I mean why on earth would anyone post stuff about a bloody BIKE race? Hmm? There's not one single solitary person on here who's even remotely interested in bicycles and even fewer who've ever owned a bike or could even ride one. I think most of us on here have a sighting on the windscreens of our MASSIVE 4X4 bastawaggs and with this, we aim at the poor hapless beings on them silly bike thingies and knock them into the middle of next week. What? Like I'm the ONLY one who does that ;)

Noodley

The past couple have been announced in October the year before, but I seem to remember that the routes for some of the recent years being announced a bit earlier...

But you can work out the likely timing for visiting the Pyrenees or Alps as they alternate the direction...next year it will be Pyrenees first then Alps, so in 2013 it should be the same.

wafflycat

Isn't it usually announced in the October of the preceeding year?

As it's the centenary tour coming up, keep an eye out for a 'randonnee du centennaire'

For the centenary year of the tour on the morning of the final day there was a 'randonnee du centennaire' which was the Paris city loop, done by 10,000 members of the public who had applied to take part (three of whom were MrWC. WCMnr & self). It was a great fun thing to do. You had to apply early in the year and then in June the notifications of having a place arrived.

Started all 10000 of us at the base of the Eifel Tower - did the loop on closed off roads, public gathering along the route cheering us all on. It was an amazing sight, all of us in yellow jerseys cycling up and down the Champs Elysees.. As MrWC & were cycling up the cobbles, WCMnr had already made the top and was cycling down the other side, waving & yelling "Hi Mum!" as he zoomed along. At the end, Jean-Marie Le Blanc greeted the riders as we crossed the finish line.

It was quite magical :biggrin:

mr_cellophane said:
I am not sure this is the correct forum, but anyway
I believe that the 2013 TdF will be the 100th. How soon before the event are they likely to announce the route as I quite fancy a week in Pau and the Atlantic coast to coincide.

It MIGHT start closer than you think if the word on the street is anything to go by;)

Top Bottom