Tour Down Under **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Sunday sees the start of the first race proper of the new season. Never the most exciting but at least a harbinger of better things to come.
Richie Porte for the win? Cadel's last hurrah?

thom

____
Porte to carry off the winnings.
He's been knocking at the door of this sort of thing for a while....

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Just realised that it starts on the 20th - it's that one day crit thing on the Sunday.
...and it's on Sky not Eurosport - grrrrr!

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
GCN have a brief highlights package of stage one and presumably the others will follow

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That was a great finish by Bobridge - admittedly, it's the kind of thing that probably won't happen in the bigger races later in the season, but a superb effort for the home favourite nevertheless...

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm not sure how many races Uni-SA will be doing - a bit of a drop in standard for Bobridge.

Lobato takes stage 2 from the doper Impey.

Kittel seems to be following the same strategy as last year by winning the crit and then coasting the rest of the week.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Budget Forklifts are an Oceanic continental team. UniSA-Australia are, I think, the equivalent of a GB team riding the Tour of Britain; it gets some homegrown talent in the race. Steele von Hoff is riding UniSA-Australia too even though he's with NFTO.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Budget Forklifts are an Oceanic continental team. UniSA-Australia are, I think, the equivalent of a GB team riding the Tour of Britain; it gets some homegrown talent in the race. Steele von Hoff is riding UniSA-Australia too even though he's with NFTO.
Ah, okay thanks.

Top Bottom