Tour Down Under

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Not had a problem fast forwarding but it seems to take two attempts to get a race to load. Sits there with the spinning wheel often sticking. Go back and try again and it loads after a couple of spins.

Mike_P

Guru
Re the race itself I had the first three on Velogames and the two 6 / 4 pt picks pulled in 24 points. Just a pity none of the other four scored.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I just had a look and it took me about 30 seconds to fast forward from first to last 10k, I suppose it just depends on your internet speed.
I very much doubt that, seeing that they aren't transmitting anything during the time it takes to seek to the new position.

I think the app is a bit shonky. It may just be the Sky Q implementation. I didn't think to try the web version.

In deference to @rich p - I was pleased to see Intermarche start the season with a 3rd place. If only the finish line had been a couple of feet down the road Girmay would have got it ;)

Last edited:

tarric

Über Member
I very much doubt that, seeing that they aren't transmitting anything during the time it takes to seek to the new position.

I think the app is a bit shonky. It may just be the Sky Q implementation. I didn't think to try the web version.

In deference to @rich p - I was pleased to see Intermarche start the season with a 3rd place. If only the finish line had been a couple of feet down the road Girmay would have got it ;)

Yep your right it takes closer to 40 seconds, I just did it again and from 32 minutes to 3 hrs and 33 minutes.
I know you don't see anything while fast forwarding or rewinding but you do get a timeline, I'm watching on Sky Q on tv and don't find the app shoogly with me.
Yes I thought Girmay was finishing the quickest, I just thought he made a misjudgement following Ewan and Bauhaus instead of going straight and following Welsford but that's the thing with sprinters they have to make split second instinctive decisions.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
ha ha!

Twas (almost) ever thus. Perhaps when I retire I will count up the number of "bike racing" posts on the web that are actually about
How to watch on the Internet/Subscription.

I'll stick to Freeview... 😇

(and Tiz when needed)

Tbh I thought I was posting in the GCN+ gone thread when I started complaining about D+. Good intentions, poor execution

geocycle

Legendary Member
I’m not sure why, but I find these races that use big circuits on wide roads less interesting than linear ones we have in Europe. Think that’s part of why I’m fast forwarding so much! I do like Australia although they’ve not got to the best bits yet!

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Screenshot_20240120_082401.jpg

Ouch!!

Top Bottom