Tour of Beijing - **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wasn't it Dan M in 2nd?
Yes, my mishtake,the Irishman in 2nd. Thanks.

beastie

Guru
EBH has a lot of near things doesn't he? I don't think he did anything tactically wrong there though, he just ran out of gas.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Yeah, the thing about EBH is that he's not actually a great sprint finisher, he's a good one, but he is a very strong all-rounder. I wish Sky would stop using him as a back-up sprinter and play more to his all-round abilities. He should be winning stage-races like this for fun.

tigger

Über Member
Just watched the highlights. Gutted for EBH, seemed to have it in the bag even 300 metres out. Great talent. Would really like to see him string some wins together next year.

beastie

Guru
Yeah, the thing about EBH is that he's not actually a great sprint finisher, he's a good one, but he is a very strong all-rounder. I wish Sky would stop using him as a back-up sprinter and play more to his all-round abilities. He should be winning stage-races like this for fun.

He seems able to mis-judge a finish very nicely. I thought today was a case in point, he went just a little too far out. However he has won a few and he is always in it to win it. He obviously has top talent, I predict a bumper year next year if he gets a bit more savvy.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Deep down inside, Eddie must be a bit pissed off that he has such a pony team to support him though.

tigger

Über Member
Deep down inside, Eddie must be a bit ****ed off that he has such a pony team to support him though.
He should do. By all reports he sounds like a very sweet naive lad though. I've read he doesn't have any real grasp on the history of the sport, which also leads me to think he's not that tactically astute. I fear there isn't enough between his ears nor enough red in his beard to make him a champ. I hope I'm wrong about this. Does anyone else have this impression of him?

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
How do you know when cycling events are on TV and what channels are they on? I want to get into them but miss them all :sad:

Edit: Live ones

That was a bit of a confused finish. Some good old fashioned jockeying for positions going on. Nice win for Katushas Haller. He looked really chuffed.
EBH had to do a wee side step too.

Angus444

How do you know when cycling events are on TV and what channels are they on? I want to get into them but miss them all :sad:

Edit: Live ones
Peter, I have a subscription to Eurosport for watching on laptop....£2.99 a month, and they have all of the top races from March onwards, and advertise them in advance....

This is also a good one..... http://www.cyclingfans.com/ It has good links to Belgian, Spanish, Italian stations, for watching live on computer..........

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
He should do. By all reports he sounds like a very sweet naive lad though. I've read he doesn't have any real grasp on the history of the sport, which also leads me to think he's not that tactically astute. I fear there isn't enough between his ears nor enough red in his beard to make him a champ. I hope I'm wrong about this. Does anyone else have this impression of him?

Oh, he's one of the most boring cyclists around. Very nice by all accounts, though. Will probably made some kids a very good father...

Top Bottom