Tour Of Britain '08

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

I know it finishes in Lpl so im quite pleased !

mondobongo

Über Member
Aye we have the start of the last stage this year. Saw the finish in Wolves last year decent afternoon out.

Renard

The Scottish stage looks the same as last year's which is good considering it passes the end of my street ;)

Mortiroloboy

Stage Two finishes in Newbury:biggrin::biggrin: Yippeeeeee, saw last years stage up White Hill at Kingsclere too, got me a spivy pink Craven Plowman cap!

girofan

The oranisers of TOB have to follow the money and unfortunately that means that geographically it does not cover all areas of Britain. They have to rely on towns and regions stumping up cash to make it pay.
With the intransigence of certain police areas to cycle racing on the increase, (as seen in last year's neutralisation), even this tactic does not make for a successful TOB.
It's about time those areas who are 'paying the piper' told The Association of Chief Police Officers, (ACPO) that they will decide what roads the race can compete on. Otherwise it's the tail wagging the dog!

Keith Oates

Janner
You're right girofan, but I think that the attitude of the general public towards cycling and the resistance to closing roads make it very difficult for the organisers. I suspect that the Police also go for the 'quiet life' in these matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom