Tour of Britain 2015 the Racing (may contain **SPOILERS**)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
He's right about sunflowers, mine have been disastrous this season.
He does prattle some crap though..
But......but..... it's one of the joys of the first week of the TdF when bugger all happens until the final 100 metres. You'd get Liggett prattling on about the breakaway and then he'd suddenly be "Ooh look at those pretty flowers in that garden, my mother in law has exactly the same ones" and before you knew it we'd be in the sprint finish

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
But......but..... it's one of the joys of the first week of the TdF when bugger all happens until the final 100 metres. You'd get Liggett prattling on about the breakaway and then he'd suddenly be "Ooh look at those pretty flowers in that garden, my mother in law has exactly the same ones" and before you knew it we'd be in the sprint finish
I just uploaded proof (see above):laugh:

You must be able to prattle on to do the job..
I even put up with Carlton K and have warmed to his rotten patter..
Smithy does help ITVs cause

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
But one thing that's missing is the rain. Still, London might get its chance....
Would anyone like to say where they hope to stand on the London circuit and what colours/flag/whatever to watch out for on the TV coverage? This year's circuit is basically out and back from Trafalgar Square along each of Regent Street/Haymarket (turn at Conduit Street), Whitehall (turn before Parliament Square) and the Strand (turn at Aldwych). Is it better to see the racers come past Trafalgar Square three times a lap or be within sight of the finish on Regent Street?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Would anyone like to say where they hope to stand on the London circuit and what colours/flag/whatever to watch out for on the TV coverage? This year's circuit is basically out and back from Trafalgar Square along each of Regent Street/Haymarket (turn at Conduit Street), Whitehall (turn before Parliament Square) and the Strand (turn at Aldwych). Is it better to see the racers come past Trafalgar Square three times a lap or be within sight of the finish on Regent Street?
I haven't seen anything about a CC meeting point but I'd be interested in joining up. As for where to watch, they're doing 14 laps so there'll be plenty of time for pictures and wandering around till you find a good vantage point.

rdfcyclist

Currently drizzling here in Norwich but the clouds are passing. Big hubbub and tents ready which should make things fun. Sadly working today so will miss all the action as they pass through

Stopped raining by the time they reached Wymondham
20150912_115313.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
That has to be the closest sprint finish i have seen , from the photos shown on eurosport it looks like viviani got it but judges gave it to griepel ,
It does like Viviani took it by a whisker, doesn't it?

fimm

Veteran
The highlights have been really poor, IMHO. You get an ad break and come back and everything has changed with no explanation, and instead of showing the change you get lots of shots of people cycling along with no action.

How did Cav manage to cycle in to a parked car? I thought there would be people along to make sure there weren't any hazards like that. (Mind you, on the run in to Nottingham it looked like there were some parked cars with tickets on them!)

Top Bottom