1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tour of Britain Marshall

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Chiefwiggum, 5 Sep 2007.

1. Chiefwiggum

Chiefwiggum New Member

Any one else volunteered to marshall at the Tour of Britian Prologue on Sunday? Should receive details today, not marshalled before but looking forwards to seeing the fast guys in action. Maybe the chance to meet up with some other Cycle Chat users.

2. noggin

noggin New Member

Have you heard anything from Rob Jeffries (Marshall organiser) yet?
    I'm marshalling in Glasgow (3rd year now) and it'll probably be last minute and as disorganised as usual

3. Chiefwiggum

Chiefwiggum New Member

'spoke' via email yesterday as I was concerned I had not heard anything and was told packs will be sent out for Weds / Thurs. Hope it's not as chaotic as you suggest:wacko:. I am assuming that it will be a reasonably long day, what can I expect?

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I did Birmingham 2 years ago. That was also last minute and disorganised. The email instructed marshalls to go to the NEC, which is in Solihull next to Birmingham Airport.

It should really have sent them to the NIA, which is in central Birmingham.

It was an experience, but there was a lot of hanging around. And it was made all the more unenjoyable by the arrogant British Cycling employee who completely ignored what we had been told to do and basically treated us like ****.