tour of Britain route closure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm going over to see the finish in Bradford. How long before will they close the road? I'm thinking of following the route from about Otley in the morning.

Any Bradford forummers? Do you know of curry houses which wil be open given it's the first day of Ramadan?

Keith Oates

Janner
Don't know the answer to the first part of your question but for the second, business is business my boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Most of the route is only subject to a rolling road closure, ie the police cars a few minutes ahead of the riders push you over to the side of the road and ask you to wait till all the riders have passed. If there is a breakaway, they have even opened the road in previous years between the break and the peloton!

The only total road closures are at the finish where it's barriered, etc.

Surely the curry houses will be open after dark? Or am I confused?

Ceedee

Any Bradford forummers? Do you know of curry houses which wil be open given it's the first day of Ramadan?[/QUOTE]

Try Mumtaz i'm sure that will be open, highly recommended as well.

peejay78

it's a rolling road closure, in so far as the road remains open, but the police outriders and motorbike team go ahead and clear the road in advance of the peloton, after it's gone through the road reopens immediately.

Top Bottom