Tour Of Britain Sportive 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
The ToB sportive has a special meaning for me, as it was the first true test I undertook during the early days of my weight loss. The 1st attempt at 17.5st was VERY painful and I did a fair bit of walking I can tell you,a nd I come back every year as a bit of a 'season closer' (even though I'm racing cyclocross). This yr's event has been adopted by Mark Cavendish as his "official" sportive and is co-sponsored by his CVNDSH brand. Other sports 'personalities' should take note of his enthusiasm and willingness to talk to and meet his fans, it's a credit to him. After finishing I was approached by this short dude in cap, and it took me a few seconds to realise it was Cav who was now enthusiastically shaking my hand, and asking all sorts of questions. He seemed only too willing to have photo's taken and took the time to talk to as many as possible.

Chapeau sir...what a top bloke.

As for the route, lumpy is the word for it at 95miles and 9000ft of climbing.

maltloaf

I did the 50 mile ride yesterday, 52 miles 4500ft climb and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have promised myself to do the 100 next year as I finished the 52 feeling pretty fresh and absolutely over the moon that I had actually ridden up all the climbs without stopping ! It's much more hilly than I'm used to.

Cav was a very nice surprise at the finish line and was more than happy to chat about the route, asked me about my bike and pose for a pic. Rounded off a lovely day in a perfect manner.

Loved it.
DSC_0747.JPG

Top Bottom