Tour of Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iluvmybike

Über Member
I don't think the coverage is terribly good compared to the Tour de France or the Vuelta etc which might contribute to it seeming 'boring'. But today's stage through north Lincolnshire was never going to be interesting as it's pan flat. Unless you are a sprinter of course. It doesn't have the same glamour of the grand tours though but it never will...

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
[QUOTE 4945497, member: 9609"]it passed within a mile of where I live the other day, it sounded exciting with helicopters and police sirens[/QUOTE]
Just a normal day/night here in Manchester...... BORING!

Comparing the TOB, with a Grand Tour, is like comparing an 'under 23's' footy match, with a premiership clash. It is what it is, if you want to see potential future G.T. riders breaking through it's quite good. If you want to see an exciting spectacle, not so much.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Comparing the TOB, with a Grand Tour, is like comparing an 'under 23's' footy match, with a premiership clash. It is what it is, if you want to see potential future G.T. riders breaking through it's quite good. If you want to see an exciting spectacle, not so much.
But the under 23's are much more exciting than a premiership clash.:wacko:

Jason

After watching Ned do his excellent commentary,the TOB leaves me cold. Trying hard to watch it,and support it,but the lack of A class riders leaves me struggling.
Sky are running the B team here. Some TDF injuries such as Cav are using it for match fitness.
It doesn't help that it starts during a grand tour.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I must admit that i have been totally underwhelmed by the TOB this year. I have been trying to get excited by it, but nope, not happening, i have no idea why. Maybe its because the likes of Contador, Niboli and froome are missing, but i have been enjoying La Vuelta far far more.

After watching Ned do his excellent commentary,the TOB leaves me cold. Trying hard to watch it,and support it,but the lack of A class riders leaves me struggling.
Sky are running the B team here. Some TDF injuries such as Cav are using it for match fitness.
Lack of class A riders ? Multiple Classics winners, multiple World Champions, several top GC riders, several of the top favourites for this year's Worlds.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Needs some hills - proper hills, and as I said in the other thread the coverage is annoying - cut to ads whenever anything exciting or anywhere interesting is about to happen.

A lack of A class riders you say, @Flick of the Elbow has already pointed out the class of riders present , I would be interested to know what you think a rider has to achieve to be considered A class :wacko:

iluvmybike

Über Member
Needs some hills - proper hills, and as I said in the other thread the coverage is annoying - cut to ads whenever anything exciting or anywhere interesting is about to happen.
I've only watched the highlights and I do find annoying that they spend the first 10 mins talking and there are way too many ad breaks so all you end up with is the roll-out, the sprint points, koms (???) and the last few kms so you are not getting any feel for the race. I don't know if the live programme is any better but at least you get to see the race develop I guess

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
After watching Ned do his excellent commentary,the TOB leaves me cold.
Anyone heard this Marty MacDonald before? I would have preferred Sarah Connolly (last on itv4 for La Course).

Sky always send the B team to ToB, don't they?

And it's overlapped with Vuelta at least since its resurrection but it's been used by World Championships hopefuls as preparation (successfully for Kwiatkowski in 2014 and Cavendish in 2011), so I think this year's flatter route is a nod to the flatter Bergen WC course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom