Tour Of Britain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
Route just announced, and the first stage starts in Rochdale and goes to Blackpool! How happy am I (what with living in Rochdale and all). Do I watch start then drive off to watch a climb, or ride out to a climb and watch there knowing I just covered the same route the pros are doing?

http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/_ns_race/

Looks like it'll head north to Bacup via Whitworth, then hopefully Nick o' Pendle, through Clitheroe then don't see how they can avoid the Trough of Bowland before curving round southwest to Blackpool. Some decent climbing in ther which ever way they actually go.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
i'll be riding in the London one as well (not the actual race :laugh:)

davidg

on holiday for this.. would have fancied the south west one....

20 mile in London, not that exciting, gaz!

Gutted, nothing in the North East this year:sad::smile:

Skip Madness

Nice for us down in the south west to get two stages once again, although neither looks like it will be especially decisive, despite no doubt the forthcoming attempts from the organisers to hype them up. The Swansea stage on the other hand should be more of a laugh, with a run up the cobbled 30% slopes of Constitution Hill before the finish.

OP
OP
Svendo

Svendo

Guru
Skip Madness said:
Nice for us down in the south west to get two stages once again, although neither looks like it will be especially decisive, despite no doubt the forthcoming attempts from the organisers to hype them up. The Swansea stage on the other hand should be more of a laugh, with a run up the cobbled 30% slopes of Constitution Hill before the finish.

Where are you getting that kind of detail from? I had to guess from the 10 mile wide blue blobby lines on the map linked.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
davidg said:
on holiday for this.. would have fancied the south west one....

20 mile in London, not that exciting, gaz!

Closed roads with hundreds of cyclists, including a big showing from de ver (if it was anything like last year) and you get to scalp celebes!
It was great fun. :smile:

Top Bottom