Tour of Cambridgeshire,Gran Fondo.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
The idea of riding on closed roads is appealing but I know the first part of the route (down to Alconbury) as I ride those roads often. There's a reason I don't ride the other side of the A1 up there is because it's boring as hell out on the fens. Flat as a pancake and any gust of wind turns it into a grind, not fun.
I'm guessing the organisers have their reasons for not using more of the 'lumpier' parts of the county (permissions most likely) but to use so much of the fens is putting me off a bit.
If I'm flush after the festive period I may enter the Fondo, I have a few friends entering the TT so if I don't ride I'll ride up there and cheer them on.

Tony.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Nope. Requires helmets, so must be full of dangerous riders, plus it's quite expensive to ride local fen roads and they won't even keep them closed for fun riders to finish. The Reach Rides a month earlier will be much more fun ;)

jack smith

Veteran
I got an email from them confirming my place and the lead group, did you put down you were racing and have a valid race licence ect?

OP
OP
Paul139

Paul139

Veteran
No because I dont have a licence.

jack smith

Veteran
Ahh probably why, to get into the front group you need to have a race licence :smile: as far as i know the race starts first followed by the sportive type event

OP
OP
Paul139

Paul139

Veteran
Looks like it's set to get even bigger.

image.jpg

D-J-R-9

Nope. Requires helmets, so must be full of dangerous riders, plus it's quite expensive to ride local fen roads and they won't even keep them closed for fun riders to finish. The Reach Rides a month earlier will be much more fun ;)

MJ, Why the assumption that the event must be full of dangerous riders because there is a requirement to wear helmets (is this not almost standard practice for multi rider events now)? do you know something we don't?

Top Bottom