Tour of Catalunya *Spoilers!*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Bit of excitement at 11km to go as one rider in the break rides into the back wheel of another but rescues it.

Lead down below 2mins, Matthews popped off the back by 30s more.

mjr

7.4km to go. Weening (Roompot) off the front alone. Peloton +44s led by the Sky train, Movistar just behind. De Gendt is struggling and is another 40s back.

mjr

6.3km to go. Weening passed by the Sky-led remnants of the peloton and is trying to join the back of it. I don't think he will. Nope, he's gone as the road tilts right up. De Gendt is 1min behind. Valvpiti is also some 37s back, chasing. Quintana in front group.

mjr

Yates takes it. Now the wait to see if De Gendt can get over in time to keep green.
current-8.png

Edit: yes, I think he has.

im knackered just watching that :sweat::sweat:

Got to agree about Quintana ,hes really frustrating to watch, I did say he looked different to the past couple of years, but as this proves ...what do I know,
Brilliant ride from Dan Martin, he just wont give up. loved the way nob ed Kirby and matt stevens presumed it was Simon Yates until about 4km to go.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I didnt read this thread ! Glad its not only me,was feeling guilty about Nairo but hes frustrating to watch.Thank feck he didnt take the stage.Yates great win,perfectly timed.Dan Martin classy ride lit it up for.a while

p.s cant be doing with seeing either of the yates twins being interviewed,its that pseudo Bury/Aussie twang !

Top Bottom