Tour of Dubai

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Couch

Über Member
Did anybody actually know that this is going to be kicked off this season?
They have some high hopes for this race though:
FEEL THE MOST POWERFUL RACE and DISCOVER THE MOST POWERFUL PLACE

Hehehehe :smile: I see before me the sheikhs in Dubai after grumbling a couple of years to the ones in Qatar, going now... "haha, what you can do, we can do now ...more expensive"

I guess the road profile won't be much different than the neighbours' one though... although in their defense they will only pass the Burj Khalifa on 3 stages, they did an effort to have 1 of the 4 stages staying away from it
.... but qua jersey design they are undefeated...The Dubaians (is that correct?) have had Versace designing the jerseys (although tastes differ):
Turntable_magliaBlu_0001.jpg

I do like the way they describe who gets to wear the sprint jersey :thumbsup::
It is the jersey to be worn by "the fastest", the one who has defied the laws of physics to always arrive before the others
Maybe Newton, Einstein or Maxwell will get to win this jersey

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I knew it was in the offing but I see that it runs from Feb 5th to 8th, and that the ToQatar starts on the 9th. So Dubai pips the Qatar lot to the start line.
Tof Oman is from Feb 18 to 23.
Busy times in the middle east

Last edited:

Kies

Dubai in February is perfect weather .... I would love to see a tour go racing around the creek and gold suk!

OP
OP
The Couch

The Couch

Über Member
Same as the tour of Oman ... Flat,side winds , boring to watch on Tv ...Guess I will be watching !
Tour of Oman looked actually not too bad, if I recall well... last year there was an interesting battle between Contador, Froome and Rodriguez there

(Tour of Qatar is the flat one)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Tour of Oman looked actually not too bad, if I recall well... last year there was an interesting battle between Contador, Froome and Rodriguez there

(Tour of Qatar is the flat one)
True, Oman has some hills.
Qatar is good for echelon wind training which has caused some damage in the TdF in recent years so it may have some uses!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Alex Dowsett is 11th man off, so if puts up a good time he'll have to wait a hell of a long time till Tony Martin sets off last of 127.

Top Bottom