Tour of Dubai

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
Quite a bumpy stage in the last 15 km, enough to make it interesting.
There was some good racing, wasn't there? Nice to see the world champ having a go. Nearly didn't bother watching today, but I'm glad I did. Sagan got boxed in a bit, but I doubt he would've beat Kittel anyway.

thom

____
There was some good racing, wasn't there? Nice to see the world champ having a go. Nearly didn't bother watching today, but I'm glad I did. Sagan got boxed in a bit, but I doubt he would've beat Kittel anyway.
With hindsight, Canondale burnt their matches too soon, being on the front with a couple of guys on the final rise didn't do quite enough to drop Kittel but wasted man power for a sprint lead out. Kittel surely won't have emerged from the pack like he did on his own. I guess it is always a gamble when you execute tactics like that, gambling that Sagan would be part of a 10 man break by the end - just didn't work out today because as you said, Kittel did really well.

The finale:

Last edited:

raindog

er.....
another perfect train for Kittel - no-one else can get anywhere near
Cav didn't even seem to bother - it was Rensh who went for the sprint

EDIT
news is that Cav punctured

Cavendish had a mechanical, I think. Not the most challenging of stage races when the winner just needs to protect a lead from a 10km TT though.

Top Bottom