Tour Of Italy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
What a great race.Knowledgeable commentators and panel.I understand that the same team. are to present the TDF..
Carlton Kirby for me spoils the races he commentates on with his jokes.It a.ways appears to me it’s about his performance and the action on the race comes second

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Funny ... this year's Giro just didn't do it for me. They all said Sky used to be boring, the way they controlled the pace of nearly every grand tour stage and ground people down relentlessly. But at least they made it tough for the others and tended to break someone nearly every day in the mountains. This Giro was supposedly more exciting because of so many successful breakaways. I just thought once the GC sorted itself into a clear pecking order every one of the leaders was happy to let big breakaways form up containing anyone and everyone who didn't matter in the big scheme of things. The result? Half the stages won by the best of the people who were allowed to get away because they were no threat. And day after day the GC contenders all crossed the line together with nobody challenging and nobody being broken. Nice scenery, one or two good finishes, but I just didn't get as enthralled by it as usual. Maybe a couple more summit finishes might have perked it up a bit?

The coverage, however, was excellent. Rob Hatch's commentary is ace, by today's final stage Sean Kelly was consistently pronouncing Roglic's name correctly, and the addition of Matt Stephens and the daily Breakway show has provided a really handy digest and analysis of the day's stage. Wiggo really could be a DS if he ever needed to be ^_^

bladesman73

Über Member
Can stand Rob Hatch and his fake commentary accent. He speaks with a strong lancs accent off camera. Almost as annoying as Simon Yates with his fake aussie twang.

Slick

Guru
Funny ... this year's Giro just didn't do it for me. They all said Sky used to be boring, the way they controlled the pace of nearly every grand tour stage and ground people down relentlessly. But at least they made it tough for the others and tended to break someone nearly every day in the mountains. This Giro was supposedly more exciting because of so many successful breakaways. I just thought once the GC sorted itself into a clear pecking order every one of the leaders was happy to let big breakaways form up containing anyone and everyone who didn't matter in the big scheme of things. The result? Half the stages won by the best of the people who were allowed to get away because they were no threat. And day after day the GC contenders all crossed the line together with nobody challenging and nobody being broken. Nice scenery, one or two good finishes, but I just didn't get as enthralled by it as usual. Maybe a couple more summit finishes might have perked it up a bit?
I felt the very same. At one point it started to remind me of a formula one procession. I did stick with it and did enjoy some elements of it but it was certainly lacking the excitement of last year.

johnblack

Über Member
Can stand Rob Hatch and his fake commentary accent. He speaks with a strong lancs accent off camera. Almost as annoying as Simon Yates with his fake aussie twang.
I have grown to really dislike him, such a try hard. Plus he's love of Nibali is over bearing, any slight change of pace and he'd start up on shark bites and all the other cliches, when in the end Nibali really didn't do a great deal.

Top Bottom