Tour of pembrokeshire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Should be there. Still haven't entered yet though. Hope the weather will be more accommodating than last year.

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Would be nice to admire the views, hope the roads have faired better over the winter, than they have in Ceredigon & North Carmartenshire. In a right state at the moment, Including the last leg of the Merlin. LB do you get out on the Gower much in the week or, is it only at weekends.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Some of the minor roads the event uses on it's northern sections are indeed in a shocking state after the snow and ice, particularly the Gwuan Valley. However, Pembs CC have been steadily repairing the potholes in time for the holiday season so all might be well.

lukesdad said:
Would be nice to admire the views, hope the roads have faired better over the winter, than they have in Ceredigon & North Carmartenshire. In a right state at the moment, Including the last leg of the Merlin. LB do you get out on the Gower much in the week or, is it only at weekends.

I/We try to get out on the Gower at least once during the week, then on the weekends it depends on where we might like to go. If there's no consensus then we end up on the Gower as a fall back. This weekend we're planning on doing either the 50 or 80 Merlin Starting in County Cycles, Cross Hands. Weather permitting!

515mm said:
It only rained a bit Lards! There was that wind though........

Shan't see you there this year though *sniff*

Ah yes, you've taken the easy option by going on holiday! ;)

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

I think you ve taken the best option on the merlin LB. The road surface is poor on the run in from the long one north of Carmarthen.

I ll try and keep an eye out for you guys on the gower.

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Smokin Joe said:
Some of the minor roads the event uses on it's northern sections are indeed in a shocking state after the snow and ice, particularly the Gwuan Valley. However, Pembs CC have been steadily repairing the potholes in time for the holiday season so all might be well.

Go out that way quite a lot, The roads are indeed variable.

Top Bottom