Tour of the Black Country/White Roads Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chappers1983

Has anyone ridden either of the these two events in the past?

I’m thinking of riding them in 2019 as a bit of a change from the normal Sportive, but was wondering whether they are doable on a normal road bike? As in do you need anything special as part of the kit or setup to deal with the terrain?

And also - if you’ve done them, would you recommend?

rugby bloke

Veteran
I have just discovered the Tour of the Black Country as well. I'm busy persuading a couple of cycling mates to give it a try as it looks like an excellent challenge. As far as I can see it is doable on a standard road bike but I reckon upgrading the tyres would be a wise move.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Has anyone ridden either of the these two events in the past?

I’m thinking of riding them in 2019 as a bit of a change from the normal Sportive, but was wondering whether they are doable on a normal road bike? As in do you need anything special as part of the kit or setup to deal with the terrain?

And also - if you’ve done them, would you recommend?

I’ve never ridden the WRC but I live near to and ridden many of the roads and trails. It uses quite a lot of The Ridgeway, no way I would ride it on a road bike. I’ve been up there when that sportive is on it looks fun, but the bikes where all ‘off road’ or MTBs .

Top Bottom