Tour of the Peaks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adetobee

I’m taking part and doing the 65 route. You’ll be able to spot me. I’ll be the one swearing profusely all the way up Winnats Pass, assuming I’ve got enough energy left to swear that is. Good luck. Hope your day goes well.

Fubar

Guru
Ooo, this looks good - my wife is from Chapel and Brother in law lives there. Might add it to my "to do" list for next year!

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Without doubt, this was the hardest ride so far!

Headwinds, monster climbs, temperatures Im not used to riding in. Winnats was walked up...I wasnt alone and I sure that the online bike shops will be getting orders for cleats that have been worn out on the walk up.

Very enjoyable.

Lessons learned: Get sun cream for this weather. I have red arms and tan lines on my slap-head that match the vents in my helmet! I will be in for some micky-taking next week if they dont fade!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That was a hot day for this. It's a tough route.

doctornige

I was the knob NOT on the tour heading in the opposite direction from Whaley to Chapel first thing on a red Spesh with Castelli kit. I am glad you all had a nice ride, but the weather was really hot. The wind was not so bad early on, but built by 2pm. This pattern has been evident day on day here. Ride early.

Looking fwd to the Evans Peak Sportive which I AM on in June. Hope I did not pick the wrong event weather-wise.

Nige.

endoman

Enjoyed it, did long route at slow pace as riding with mate, Holme Moss was a cheeky little fella towards the end. Would have loved another food stop as big queues at first one and a time limit to top of Winnats. Managed the whole lot with no walking, great training for The Etape, very pink arms and legs now!
Got AMR Peak 100 in 2 weeks time, don't think it's quite as bad from the route I can see online!

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Anyone else take the "I made it up" photo?

Catandfiddlecrop.jpg

Top Bottom