Tour of Turkey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do believe Sayar was mentioned in incredulous tones on the stage Berhane won. He was riding a la Big Mig stylee.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It would be very sad if Berhane were to lose out on a historic win to someone who seems so clearly to be playing with rather more cards than everyone else.

Not an awful lot of info on Sayar.

bettiniphoto_0141276_1_full_220.jpg

Go on: Guess how old he is from that picture. No cheating now

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
He's only just out of U23 status so far as I know, so he could be just a fresh talent on the way up. He's certainly not in the same bracket of seasoned cheat pro as Grabowski. But I am still mightily suspicious of that enormous finish.

OP
OP
deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hah! Orica went the wrong way down a dual carriageway again!
Yes, route reconnaissance is definitely a weak point for them.

3 good stage wins for Kittel, Griepel had a pretty good race too. Too bad for Berhane, he did well though. With regards to the 'suspicious' hill finish by Sayar, well mebbe aye-mebbe naw, but I must say he looked like he was burying himself with the effort, and it is not too often that the stage winner is still panting and puffing at the post win interview. I am hoping he just dug in massively to get the home town victory etc in sight of Mary's house and made the inspired 110% effort.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
3 good stage wins for Kittel, Griepel had a pretty good race too. Too bad for Berhane, he did well though. With regards to the 'suspicious' hill finish by Sayar, well mebbe aye-mebbe naw, but I must say he looked like he was burying himself with the effort, and it is not too often that the stage winner is still panting and puffing at the post win interview. I am hoping he just dug in massively to get the home town victory etc in sight of Mary's house and made the inspired 110% effort.

I think probably so in retrospect, I was just really rooting for a first African stage race win outside Africa. He actually has very similar palmares to Berhane - they have both won the Tour of Algeria, for example.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
When seeing something like that (i.e., unbelievable), it's hard not to be skeptical!

I hope it was a phenomenal ride, but memories of Gabrovski are still fresh.

Hmm I'm also thinking it's just too suspicious. They both ride for the same team, both pull strongman acts, both relatively unknown. Sorry but it smells a bit to me. Of course he could be legit, if fact I'd love it to be true, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he got busted.

Top Bottom