Tour of Tweeddale Sportive - 5 Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I might not have a pass for Saturday (either ;)) - busy family stuff :sad:

scook94

Veteran
Aye, I saw that too yesterday and am mightily cheesed off (with myself :angry: ) that I didn't get organised in time and get the entry in.

Silly me :angry:

Right, who's got a route sheet for the Twa Wee Coonties ?

This is the route we took, although I think we took a wrong turn coming through Cowdenbeath and should have went down the High Street rather than right at the roundabout and UP the hill!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/35892868

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
This is the route we took, although I think we took a wrong turn coming through Cowdenbeath and should have went down the High Street rather than right at the roundabout and UP the hill!

http://connect.garmi...tivity/35892868
So that's where you sneaked your extra hill training ? :biggrin:

I've ridden most of the route, though not necessarily on the same ride, so I think I could find my way round.

Now, where did I leave that 'expensive paperweight' ? :whistle: .......

... and how can I work a pass for Saturday (Sunday is LandRover Off-road Driving day :thumbsup:)

Seamab

Another one who missed the entry :sad: Better make sure i get my entry in for the 3 Glens Explorer

Not sure whether i can get a pass this weekend. If i can i might be able to meet Twa Wee Counties riders in Dollar and provide some company for a bit...'til the next cafe stop at least!

So that's where you sneaked your extra hill training ? :biggrin:

I've ridden most of the route, though not necessarily on the same ride, so I think I could find my way round.

Now, where did I leave that 'expensive paperweight' ? :whistle: .......

... and how can I work a pass for Saturday (Sunday is LandRover Off-road Driving day :thumbsup:)

I think I've ridden most of that route too ;) if you want any tips on how to add another hill or two just let us know :smile:

Attachments

• MM Screendump.jpg
    MM Screendump.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 88

MrRidley

Is there an official start time for the Twa Wee Coonties :whistle:

Scoosh the sportive is indeed the Sunday, phew, but you're right about 9am being the last departure looks like an early start for me ;). After leaving you I got back just in time to see the last km of the Vuelta. I'm glad I'll get to watch tomorrow stage I've been up there a few times and it'll be nice to see how the pro's handle it. You might just recognise the red top at the front.
7018_134332744481_654289481_2457898_5423623_n.jpg

Here's how the Pro's do it

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgwPHpehRPI[/media]

You must of had a headwind on the way back, visa versa I must of got a tail wind, I averaged 18mph on the way back, 18.5 after meeting you including the hill up through Inverkiething, Fordel Firs and Dunfermline :-)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
As I said, just as well I didn't get an entry :ohmy: :blush:

I see you are in your usual place at the front of the group :ohmy:.

Headwind was chilly too, so I opted to go along check the cyclepath, so less wind ;).

Have a good ToT - whichever day it is :unsure: !

What a great ride :smile: I done it with a mate so I never pushed it hard, it was his first 90miler :bravo:. The signage wasn't great but I didn't expect that for a tenner, having said that we never got lost till after 90miles when we were back in Peebles itself, it was a case if there's no signage at a junction telling you to turn, keep on going. The food stops were great, not as good as the KL but were excellent nonetheless and I think they were better positioned. Out of the Sportives I've done I rank it number 2 for the food :smile: The ride was also timed which I wasn't expecting either. My mate was too late in registering like others on the forum but he emailed the organiser and they said it was fine to chum me. There wasn't any hassle at the feed stations for him either the folk were very friendly and served him fine and he had lots of pies and cakes. I think I must of put on weight doing that ride ;) Garmin say it used up 4,323 calories but I must of ate twice that :becool:Tthe weather was fab too. I stopped near the top of the climb to take this quick snap of my mate too, it gives you an indication of the weather :sun: It was nice to do the Swire in the dry as well, I never realised there was a fab tower up there too.

Kirkhope-Tower-ScottishBorders-wiki-crop.jpg

It may have been little blowy in places but it was the perfect temperature, maybe should have put some cream on my face though.

Too sum it up what a fab ride :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• ToTweedale Dave.jpg
    ToTweedale Dave.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 62

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Well Thanks a Bunch :rolleyes: ! Makes me feel even worse now xx(.

Seriously, though, it looks a great ride and, apart from the 'blowy bits' was good weather too.

Chapeau, :bravo: and Congrats to your mate on his first :bicycle: 90-miler :wahhey:. He could easily do a ton on the CC PfC ..... :whistle:.

My only concern is that there are not many other cyclists behind your mate in the pic :whistle: .... and that I didn't get my reg in in time :angry:.