Tourer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
col said:
You were 24 stone? blimey that must have been resticting for you, I sometimes feel the weight at 19 stone.
You will be surprised to hear Iv changed my mind again, what a pain this has become as I dont want to make a big mistake, as its going to last me a while when I do get one.
Hybrid seems to be on my mind a lot now, as it will fill all my needs except the drops, which Im thinking can be sorted with some sort of add ons to the flat bars to give me a more aero position in winds ect? Also a rack on the back and a couple of bottle cages and Im away. Now which one????? I dont want to go over 400 if possible, and remember seeing some nice ones between 300 and 400. Any recommendations for hybrids ?
I use that particular road often in the car, but not on the bike unless coming down hill as the traffic is terrible there now.

Thanks all for the responses.

I did a coast to coast ride at 24 stones and was only marginally lighter when I did LEJOG.

I'm still 22 stones but hold my own on 100km Audaxes and only come in last when it's really hilly.

I still think that the Raleigh Royal will do the job with no extras to buy.

theloafer

Legendary Member
col you could try
http://www.arthurcaygillcycles.biz/arthur-caygill-cycles.html... there very helpfull lots of stock too

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Aha Ill post pics when I get it :smile:
But Im going to post a vote thread just for a bit of fun to see what everyone cycles. Thanks for your input though it was very helpfull.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
vernon said:
Have fun with it but don't overdo things.

There's plenty of nice rides to be had around Darlington.

Thanks, Iv got my eye on a little route I used to do regularly in my training days, its about ten miles and goes out croft road then back road to middleton tyers then right turn to barton and back stapleton bank way, a good way to get the feel of it I think?

Llama

Veteran
the 09 range of edinburgh bikes are not yet out - country

will be very soon - thats why there not on the website - the ones that are do not seem to have gone up in price.

Top Bottom