Touring buddies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Ok i'm new to touring and this year i'm off on my own at my own pace (snails)...but next year i want to go further afield and I dont want to do it on me tod...so is there a group i could join or tag along on? I'm thinking cheap, European, fun, tents etc...oh and just in case anybody is concerned I'm as straight as they come :blush:

graham56

Guru
Straighter than the road up to Alpe duez? :blush: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Keith Oates

Janner
Apart from joining organised tours, which can be good but a little pricey and also restrict the freedom of changing the itinerary, join a club that also arranges tours for it's members!!!

Bigtallfatbloke said:
Ok i'm new to touring and this year i'm off on my own at my own pace (snails)...but next year i want to go further afield and I dont want to do it on me tod...so is there a group i could join or tag along on? I'm thinking cheap, European, fun, tents etc...oh and just in case anybody is concerned I'm as straight as they come :smile:

I usually go away once a year around this time to somewhere in Europe (usually France) with two friends in the combination below.

We plot up at a site somewhere nice and cycle around that area. If there is somewhere specific we want to go we chuck the bikes in the back of the Landrover, go there, cycle the route we fancied and then drive back. Last year it cost us £140 each all in for a week (ferry, site fees, fuel, food, booze etc).

We tend to cycle until 5ish and then get back for Leffe Blonde and the exchange of war stories.

Unfortunately they can't make it this year. If you're interested let me know.

Cheers
Mark

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

...ah..I found it again:rolleyes:

..sounds like you had fun...I am thinking more along the lines of moving from campsite to camp site across a country rather than stopping in one base camp...possible France but more likely along the Rhine...thanks for your cool offer though:becool:;)

Top Bottom