Touring-friendly track pumps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Lightweight, stowable, something I can push down on to use my bodyweight to get to 100psi, rather than rely on arm strength alone. Any recommendations? Oh, and something in stock in Evans or Cycle Surgery (or, at a push, On Your Bike at London Bridge) would be useful!

We've currently got a Zefal HP in a "standard" format - attach to valve and push sideways. It's OK, but not much good for more than 80psi without a lot of patience. And guess what I'm short of?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I've got one of the Topeak Road Morph ones, the one with the fold out foot plate.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Topeak_Road_Morph_With_Gauge/5360036955/

Chose that due to a lot of recommendations and i already had their Joe Blow II track pump, not been disappointed.

andym

Über Member
Light weight, tour-friendly and in stock in Evans London Bridge?

A bit of a tall order. I'd go with something from the ToPeak Morph family - although the little fold-out base is very easy to break - a bit of a waste of time.

Arch

Married to Night Train
andym said:
Light weight, tour-friendly and in stock in Evans London Bridge?

A bit of a tall order. I'd go with something from the ToPeak Morph family - although the little fold-out base is very easy to break - a bit of a waste of time.

I obviously haven't been trying hard enough, mine is fine...

Another vote for a morph from me.

willem

Über Member
I am still a fan of the classic Zefal hpx. Others are also very happy with the Topeaks, and for all I know their performance is quite similar. I hate inflating tyres with even the best of these pumps, however. So my touring bike has car valves. The pump is only for emergencies, and even then only for moderate pressures. The rest I leave until the next petrol station.
Willem

HelenD123

Guru
Auntie Helen said:
I like my Lezyne pump - beautiful design but takes a while to pump up to 100psi but it does it - and I'm just a girl.

Must be a Helen thing. I've got that one too! I used it this morning on tour and it wasn't the quickest but I managed 85 psi easily, which is saying something given my weedy arms. I also like how it screws onto the valve.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've got a Road Morph and it's chuffin' great. Used it on Friday, and it got me up to 100 psi in about 50 strokes. Not as quick as my track pump, but not far off.
The Mountain Morph is better for wider tyres - had that for about a decade now, and it's starting to wear a bit.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
OP
OP
srw

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
There seems to be a bit of theme going on, doesn't there?

I'll drop into my selection of bike shops and see what I can pick up. I should really have done this three weeks ago, when I realised that the Zefal was going to be a bit tough to use, not six days before we leave...

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
srw said:
There seems to be a bit of theme going on, doesn't there?

I'll drop into my selection of bike shops and see what I can pick up. I should really have done this three weeks ago, when I realised that the Zefal was going to be a bit tough to use, not six days before we leave...

:biggrin:yep, I searched on here, YACF, CTC and Bikemagic and the overwhelming recommendation was Morph:biggrin:

Top Bottom