Touring or Road bike - 6'2" - £200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Echolalia

Veteran
Hi, I am after either a touring bike or road bike that fits a 6'2" man. Must be able to take a rack, or even better if it comes with one. Have around £200 to spend. Can collect within a train journey from Liverpool. Thanks.

OP
OP
Echolalia

Echolalia

Veteran
Budget up to £400 or thereabouts?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm looking to sell my Specialized Tricross very soon. It's a 2009 model, XXL, 61cm IIRC
mudguards & rear rack fitted & a brooks B17 std honey saddle
Looking for about £500 tho :laugh:

sleekitcollie

Soltydog said:
I'm looking to sell my Specialized Tricross very soon. It's a 2009 model, XXL, 61cm IIRC
mudguards & rear rack fitted & a brooks B17 std honey saddle
Looking for about £500 tho :biggrin:
not looking to buy ur bike sorry , i have a tricross as well tricross sport 2010 , i intend using it 4 touring in the summer , have u toured on ur tricross if so how did it cope etcand ant recomendations on rack etc , i intene putting fack on the front as well .
cheers

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've used it mainly for long day rides, 100+ miles, but did do the coast & castles tour on it last year. Only had 2 panniers & it coped very well on road & trail.
IIRC the rear rack on mine is a Tortec Expedition & it is faultless. I'm no expert on racks though & I'm sure there will be 'better' racks out there, maybe lighter, stronger etc :becool:
I'm just not 100% comfortable riding long distances on the tricross & despite various tweeks & adjustments I cant seem to find the sweet spot :sad: I'm looking to buy a specific touring bike once I have room in the garage (ie when the Tricross has gone :laugh:)

sleekitcollie

Thanx yeah I was looking at thAt same rack in LBS but need different make for front I think . I was going to buy a touring bike was looking at the Dawes karikum but decided that as I would be doing more day 2day riding than touring I chose
the tricross as a jack of all trades . Bike feels ok to me after my mountain bike that I did a wee bit of touring on as well , bit never havin ridden a out and out tourer I don't know if I'm missing out a lot comfort wise . But hey mabey in the future I can add a touring bike to the stable mabey lol
thanx for the info on the bike etc and good luck in selling it and ur new tourer when it comes

Tynan

Veteran
I came close to a tricross last bike buy time and that was what put me off it, that it was trying, no matter how well to be different thing to different people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom