Touring Philippines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
G'day All
Hoping someone out there has cycle toured the Phillipines lately. I've just purchased my Thorn Raven (to be picked up when i go to the UK in a few months) and am planning a tour of a few months in SE Asia in January and February. Living in Darwin, Northern Australia my choices are vast with numerous budget airlines operating in the area.
After recently having a short vacation in the Phillipines I am thinking it would be a good place to tour - my original plan was Vietnam which would be my fourth visit there - but i just found the Filippino people very hospitable and the fact that English is so widely spoken i'm leaning in this direction.
SO!!
Any hints, suggestions, links to people that have toured there, etc etc for helping my research would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers and beers
Richard

ALSO: Any recommendations for rear and front racks for the Raven - i'll be getting Ortlieb panniers., and purchasing them when in UK for the cricket, so any recommendations for bike shops in Yorkshire with good prices. Cheers

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Keith Oates of this forum has lived in the Phillipines IIRC and will happily share his knowledge with you. Send him a PM as I'm not sure if he frequents the T&E section.
This chap, Leon Whitely, is travelling back to England from Korea and did a stretch in the Phillipines and it might be worth checking his experiences.....
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/4242

Top Bottom