Touring podcast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes I too cottoned on to them recently. I agree, most enjoyable.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The Timmy Mallett episode was the best that I remember. The idea that touring is about stopping really captures it for me, even if I don't agree with everything he said.

Sections of tours where the ride is itself very beautiful are relatively few, maybe once a week or fewer, and often deliberately constructed by the creator of the touring route: the Vennbahn and the LF2 through Kinderdijk come to my mind. The less contrived Liesvelt Castle - Groot-Ammers - Molenkade - bridge is one of the few "natural" exceptional rides I've seen... But now probably people will remind me of tons more!

If you like Explore, you may enjoy theBikeShow.net but new episodes are infrequent now.

I've started listening to the Explore editions of the Cycling Podcast and I'm really enjoying them. I loved the episode with Timmy Mallett...may bring some brightness to your lockdown.
https://thecyclingpodcast.com/explore
https://thecyclingpodcast.com/explore
Top tip Cathryn - but I think the makers would go ballistic if they heard you call it a Touring podcast. They've pretty much banned the term "cycle touring" from the series! I think there must be a swear box in the studio - in the last-but-one they said "Grand Tour" (referring to the races) 3 times, but still avoided the dreaded "T**ring" word :laugh:

In case anyone on the planet hasn't realised what the acceptable term now is ...

... it rhymes with Pike Racking!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Top tip Cathryn - but I think the makers would go ballistic if they heard you call it a Touring podcast. They've pretty much banned the term "cycle touring" from the series! I think there must be a swear box in the studio - in the last-but-one they said "Grand Tour" (referring to the races) 3 times, but still avoided the dreaded "T**ring" word :laugh:

In case anyone on the planet hasn't realised what the acceptable term now is ...

... it rhymes with Pike Racking!

That's such an interesting point, I was going to start another thread on it. Is 'bikepacking' just the cool new term for 'touring'? Is it the same? Is it different? Is it actually just making it sound sexier or is it a different beast entirely?

I am more than happy - proud in fact - to be a tourer*.

* in the old days/before children/in my actual dreams/on my lockdown spreadsheets

Top Bottom